Using a Grafbase Dashboard
This topic describes how to use a Grafbase Dashboard. The Dashboards differ slightly in context:
- Within a personal account
- Within an Organization
- Within a project
When you navigate to grafbase.com you see a green text block at the top-right corner with a link to the Dashboard for your personal account.
This Dashboard lists your most recently used personal projects, and metrics about them.
It has two tabs: Overview and Settings.
You can perform any of the following actions from the Overview tab of your personal account Dashboard:
- Select a project to go to that project's [Dashboard](#Using the Dashboard in a Project).
- Select an organization from the drop-down list under your account name in the top-right corner to open the [Dashboard](#Using the Dashboard in an Organization) for that organization.
- Create a new personal project by selecting the Create Project link.
The Settings tab has two sections: General and Danger Zone.
The General section displays information about your account name and account URL.
The Danger Zone gives you the ability to destroy your personal account. Deleting your personal account deletes any of its projects, database, all of its branches, data, and backups. It does not affect your repository. If you destroy your personal account during pre-beta, you will have to contact us to again get access. If you are the administrator of any organization projects, you'll have to delete or leave those projects before you can delete your personal account. This is to prevent "orphan" projects and their associated resources.
This Dashboard lists your most recently used organization projects, and metrics about them.
The only difference between the Dashboard in an organization account and the Dashboard in your [personal account](#Using the Dashboard in a Personal Account) is that the Settings tab for this Dashboard includes a Members section.
Use the Members section to add a new member to the Organization by sending a link to their email address. The new member role can be that of a regular member or an administrator in the Organization. Administrators have the rights to add or remove members from the Organization.
The Members section also lists the existing members of the Organization, and their role.
These Dashboards have four tabs: Overview, Playground, Branches, and Settings.
Use the Overview tab to see metrics about a branch's requests, latency, and deployments. It also includes a link to the branch, a list of the regions to which your project is deployed, the last commit message for that branch, and the date when the branch was created. Select the branch name to see the endpoints, when the branch was last deployed, and the latest commit message.
If you select the deployment time or commit message, we display the build log for deploying that change.
See the following [Connecting to Grafbase](#Connecting to Grafbase) section for information about the Connect button.
Use the Playground tab to test queries and mutations against the API. You can find some basic queries and mutation in the GraphQL topic.
Use the Branches tab to see the duration of the latest build, the last commit message for that branch, and how long ago the branch was last deployed.
The Settings tab has four sections:
- General, which shows the slug/path to the Grafbase project.
- Git, which shows the name of your GitHub repository under github.com and the name of the production branch.
- API Keys, which shows your API keys that you use to access the APIs we create for you to query and mutate your data based on your schema. See the API Keys topic for further information.
- Danger Zone, where you can delete the project.